Friday, June 26, 2009

1 month to go...

I've got one month until I make my big move, and so far the summer is going well. Unfortunately I have to withdraw half my roll to pay my last rent, but meh that's life.. it should be the last time I have to withdraw all year though, so I guess it's a decent trade-off.

Lately I've been talking to raze about the idea of changing sites.. and it's something that he has convinced me is a good idea. I'm playing poker for 2 reasons.. 1) I find it fun as hell 2) To win money. I can do #1 at whatever site I want.. but I have a problem with #2. I'm winning money sure... but as raze points out, why play at the toughest site available when other, softer sites are out there. Sure, he has the advantage of living in a country that doesn't control it's citizens like the American government likes to lately, but there are still some softer sites for me to play on. It's something I've always wanted to do, but I always went back to Stars because I'm most comfortable there. I think what I plan to do is, build a decent roll on stars, and move part of it to another, much softer site, so that I can play mtts and 180s on Stars and grind everything else on the other site. I think this will give me a decent enough balance to maximize my profit.

The plan for the next month will probably consist of grinding the hell out of multi-table sngs..mostly 180s.. and playing mtt's on occasion.. to try and win a decent amount of money. While I haven't really stuck to any of my goals, I feel I've had a pretty solid 2009 so far, despite a lack of any real grinding. Hopefully, I can really push myself the next 3-4 weeks or so.

No comments: