Finished up on the year, for the 3rd straight year...which is always good. The year wasn't nearly what I hoped it would be.. but I didn't expect to move 750 miles from where I was living, and not find work for half the year... so I guess I'll take what I can. 2009 certainly was a year of maturity for me, in terms of poker. I worked really hard on conquering a lot of my tilt issues, and I think I was very successful. I'm much better at not allowing results and downswings to effect the way I play or my mood. I'm much more positive while playing, and complain I rarely complain about standard statistics (ie "bad beats). I've spent time picking the brains of 2p2'ers that I really respect.. and picking up different things they do to be successful and incorporating them into my game... and I think that is something that will really help me in 2010.
Now time for 2010:
I'll be starting the year playing 10nl at RPM Poker with 25 buy-ins. I plan on really focusing on cash games to start the year, but will put $250 back onto Poker Stars after a few months, for the purpose of grinding 180man sngs on Saturdays and Sundays. Once I start hitting 50nl and 100nl.. I'll be moving money over to Bodog, so that I can have better game selection, since merge is a bit week at those levels because of the terrible bad beat jackpot tables that I refuse to play on.
Poker Goals
[ ] Crush every level from 10nl and up
[ ] Become at least a 100nl reg, aiming for 200nl reg
[ ] No less than 12,000 hands per month (other than maybe August, where I'll barely be home).. aim for 125,000 hands for the year minimum... try and hit 150,000.
[ ] Get a deucescracked subscription early in the year, and maintain it all year.
[ ] Stop wasting time posting so much on 2p2.. when I do post on 2p2, post more in strategy forums and much less in Beginners Forum
[ ] Stop fucking cashing out for anything but something that's absolutely necessary.
[ ] Keep making/improving positive relationships with 2p2'ers.. picking their brains.
[ ] Take 1 day per week to improve 1 game from the HORSE rotation (starting with stud!)
[ ] Outwork everyone I know well in poker.. and try and outwork people that are better than me. Not necessarily in hands played... but in terms of trying to improve every chance I get.
[ ] Get more of a schedule so that I can balance poker better with life.
[ ] Keep working on tilt leaks/disciplined.
[ ] Do a better job when it comes to record keeping.
[ ] Possibly start doing a little bit of staking.
/poker content... starting up life content, so if you don't care about what I want to do with my life in 2010.. stop reading here :)
Life Goals
[ ] Drop 60-70 pounds.. get in the best shape of my life.
[ ] No less than 3.5 gpa on any course work... aim for 4.0 on my major course work.
[ ] Save some fucking money for once.. learn to budget.. become a life nit.
[ ] Become a better organize, more efficient person.
[ ] Continue reading one non-poker book per month.
[ ] Run/Walk at least 3 5k's... run at least all of 1 of them.
[ ] Get involved in some sort organization in the area.
[ ] Be more adventurous and willing to try new things.
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment