Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ok...maybe I can compromise

I had hoped to get on the cash game bandwagon this week and stay away from mtt/sngs.. but I couldn't do it. I enjoy cash games a lot..but I enjoy mtts and multi table sngs a ton as well and realized I don't really want to give up either. Perhaps if this month had gone different I'd be changing my tune.. but I have had a pretty decent month. I upped my highest win in an mtt/sng 2 sundays ago with a 2nd place in an $11/180.. then 4 days later beat that mark by just a bit with a 2nd in a $12/180 (3 outted ftw... and yes I'm still having trouble closing things out :( ) Throw in some decent results in mtt's and I've gone from $300 to start the month to $300 on both stars and ftp plus a few hundred I cashed out for some fun with my honey :)

The last few days have been full of disappointment in mtt's.. lots of close calls with less than 100 left.. I'd go further..but it's really not worth it to dwell on bad beat/bad play. I can't really complain as I've been working on tweaks in my mtt game that seem to be working for the moment.. so putting up some decent results while tweaking my game is ok by me. Also, I have a friend that's been helping me with a few things that I havent been doing, and I think it's something that will pay off in future mtt's. With summer about 2.5 weeks away, I'm pretty confident with where I'm at and feel I will put up some decent numbers this summer. My goal for the next 2 weeks will be to get back on the cash game horse while also continuing my mtt/sng run hot/run good.

I think I said it before, but if not (I'm too lazy to go back and look) I've decided I'm going to play cash games during the week.. when I have time for a few short-ish sessions each day.. and then grind mtt's during the weekend (mostly sundays) when they are the juiciest. This should allow me enough time to improve my cash games, while allowing me the freedom to play mtt's once in awhile. Who knows if it will work..... I'm realizing I'm pretty tired and just rambling incoherent thoughts atm.. so...

/blog entry

No comments: