Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Do people really update their blog?

It appears I don't... or at least I haven't in quite some time. Not much has changed... I'm still grinding micros, I'm still cashing out way too often, and I really haven't reached any of my goals. However, things might be looking up! I've been playing much better poker lately, I might be getting a job that I will enjoy.. which will take the pressure off having to withdraw, and I am finally starting to get going on getting into shape (having a bigger friend txt'ing me a few times a week telling me how much he's lost has boosted that for me).

After starting October running hotter than the sun.. I cooled off a bit (and also played like shit) toward the end and decided to take the last week of the month off from serious grinding. Instead I've been playing $2 sngs on stars, along with some $4/180s and an mtt here and there. I took 4th in a $4/180 and 1st in a $2/90... which was always fun. The main reason for playing on Stars is to clear the $10 stellar bonus that I'm 20 vpp away from clearing.. but winning while clearing a bonus is always great fun. Also, since Stars works on my gf's netbook, it allows me to cuddle next to her on the couch while playing a bit... keeping both of us very happy. Hopefully this job thing comes through and I can afford to buy myself a nice poker laptop and can just play all the time while on the couch.

With November on the horizon.. I feel confident that it will be another very good month, hopefully even better than October. I'm not quite sure what my goals will be but November goals will be my next blog post (probably Thursday morning).... I do know I will be setting a few lofty goals, as I really want to push myself and be ready for a ton of grinding during my winter break from school.

Until next time... :)

No comments: