Oh 2010.. where did you go? You were a pretty good year even if I didn't achieve a single goal I set for you. My first mtt win and 4 figure score... finally got a job.. finally have an idea what I want to do post-graduation... have some things finally going in my favor.... not too shabby I guess. Now to keep the momentum going in 2011...
2011 Goals
Poker
[] Five-figure profit year
- My four figure years have been nice..but I'm ready to step it up. This will be by far the biggest bankroll I've had going into a new year.. combined with solid confidence and me finally feeling like my game isn't the worst ever. Plus, with an engagement ring to buy, a wedding to help pay for, a cpa exam to review and take soon... I'll need all the money I can get!
[] Four four-figure mtt scores
- I had my first taste of that juicy 4 figure score juice...and I want more! With the volume I plan on putting in with mtts.. I think averaging one per quarter is pretty solid.
[] 100nl regular
- Last year I had delusions of grandeur.. thinking I could be a 200nl reg by years end... especially since I was jobless for most of the year and had to grind out every little penny I could. This year I'm going to be more realistic and go from being a 25nl player to a 100nl reg.
[] Work on improving my game
- Next year I really want to focus on getting better. This will include posting way more in uNL and SSMTT.. as well as getting some coaching/sweating for both mtts and cash games. I also am aiming to qualify for 1 free CR's week every month.. since that allows me video access for 3 weeks.
[] 1,250 tournaments.. or 2000 games played between mtsngs and mtts
- This should not be a tough goal.. that's 25-40 games per week
[] 100,000 hands
- Also not a tough goal..only 2000 hands per week.
[] Remember to take time off.
- I find that I don't take nearly enough time off from poker..and only do so when I'm playing really shitty and am downswinging. Next year I want to take at least one full day off per week from everything poker.. and twice I want to take one complete week off.
School
[] B or better in all classes.
[] Start studying for the CPA Exam
[] Get some sort of internship
[] Teach myself different accounting software
Life
[] Lose 50 pounds
- I think I can do more than this.. but I think ~ 1lb per week is a pretty solid goal to hit. I've started hitting the gym the last two weeks and I feel tons better. Next year I really want to step up the intensity, and improve my eating, so that I can start really seeing results.
[] Start trying new things
- I've gotten better with trying new foods.. now I want to start trying new activities.. things in the area. I'm kind of sick of just sitting at home allll the time and it would be great if I could find a group of people outside my gf's parents to meet up with for some activity once in awhile.
[] Get engaged!
- With poker and work.. and school coming to an end kind of soon.. things are finally coming together where I can finally get a ring. I'm hoping to have this goal done by the end of May.
[] Save some money
- I've never been a big saver.. but it is definitely time to grow up and start. I'm kind of hoping to cheat with this and earn a bunch of money playing poker so that I can have a nice 1500-$2000 or so in the bank.
[] Read 6 non-poker books
[] Complete 1 5k per quarter.. be able to run the last one.
[] Keep improving my organization ability
[] Complete all of the major projects on the house
- Not too many major projects left.. so I'd like to get them done. Quite a few minor projects that I'd like to get done.. but it is the major ones that are bugging me.. especially since I can't do them on my own.
[] Get a new video game system
- Odd goal after my save money goal.. but I enjoy playing video games.. and my ps2 isn't doing it for me anymore. I'm not picky.. I just need a system that carries the newest NHL games.. and has Guitar Hero.. which is both the 360 and the ps3.. I'm leaning toward the ps3 with the free online games.. but I'm still undecided.
gl to everyone in 2011.. I hope you all pwn life and poker.. and exceed all of your goals :)
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment