Well.. the first week of 2011 is in the books.. and to say it was underwhelming is a bit of an understatement. I don't think I played very well and pushed a bit too hard to get off to a good start. I seem to be doing pretty well at the 3/90s, but I'm struggling at the 6/90s at the moment. I'd like to think it's variance, since I seem to be running into the top of everyone's range.. or they get there.. for big stacks later on, but I'm sure my lack of focus has made me miss some important spots. I think the plan will be to 4 table just the $3/90s for the rest of the month, get back into a good groove in those, build my bankroll up just a bit more.. and then give myself a solid shot at the 6/90s. My aim is to play 2000 90man sngs this year... hopefully playing all the way up to the 26s. 40/week seems pretty doable, especially since I'll be able to grind hard during the summer/winter breaks. I was able to get 35 in during my first week, and that's without playing a few days... so averaging 40/week will be pretty easy peasy since for a lot of the week I was 1-2 tabling when I could have been playing 3-6 tables.
At the moment... I'm hoping school starting up again next week will really help out my focus. Having a schedule to follow.. people to be around. etc will really help my mental state. Also, on Monday, I'm looking to really start hitting a healthier lifestyle... working out 3-5 days/week.. eating much healthier. getting on a regular sleep schedule. I plan on focusing on the 3/90s during January because I plan on focusing really hard on getting real life things... imo, one solid month of focusing on getting into great habits will really help my poker game.
I've spent quite a bit of time this week thinking about my 10k profit goal. For awhile, I thought that there really was no way I could hit that.. but, even after a crappy first week.. I'm really feeling like it's plausible, with some solid, focused grinding.. some hard work.. and a little bit of luck. With 2000 90man sngs... broken down at roughly 300 $3s...800 $6s.. 700 $12s.. $300 26s.. with roi's hitting not quite the top end from guess that I could find on 2+2 (40% for 3s.. 35 for 6s.. 30 for 13s and 25 for 26s).. that will be $6,246 in profit.. plus $483.30 in rakeback from those games.. plus some amount from knockouts.. I'm up to $6800 or so.. so if I'm able to do well in a few mtt's.. plus reach at least 50nl and get any sort of volume there...plus bonuses that ftp gives out.. and I'll definitely be able to hit my 10k profit for the year.. so gogogogogo rungood :)
Until next week :)
oh.... If anyone (well..the 5 followers I seem to have :)) want to follow my irl stuff with getting healthy and stuff.. I started another blog @ nofatty.blogspot.com.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment