With March less than a week away, I feel I'm starting to hit a bit of a groove with cash games. I still find myself playing sng's from time to time, which is fine as I do well in them when focused, but I've cut most mtt's out unless I have a long block to play..which isn't very often with school/work. I'm still bouncing back and forth between 5nl and 10nl, which is fine imo. When I'm in the mood to play and focus, it's 10nl, and when I feel like 1-tabling auto-pilot while watching a hockey game and surfing 2+2 its 5nl. My plan for the next week is to roar into March like a lion (as the old saying goes). For the rest of Feb and the majority of March, I plan on focusing on beating up 10nl. I have a spring break about 3 weeks in, so I hope to be able to put in some decent volume that week, so I'm hoping to get in 15-20k hands, 90% of which I want to be at 10nl. I do plan on playing 5-7 4.40s, as I've done well in the last few I've played, despite being completely card dead..and I plan on playing in the intra-forum bracket match-up on 2+2.
Overall I've been happy with my cash games, esp. when I've been focusing. Focus is one thing I've made a mental note to keep track of. I've done an ok job with it lately, stopping play when I catch myself surfing 2+2, zoning out, watching tv etc.. but I generally don't catch myself until I'm in a big spot and I'm unsure what to do, so that's something I need to improve.
The other thing I'm still fighting is motivation. While I'm more confident in my game than I was to start the year, I still am having troubles motivating myself to play, but I feel that's something that will come with time. This time last year I was barely playing, I think I played maybe 2k cash hands and maybe 100 sngs between January and May.. then the nice weather hit, and I put in a much higher volume... so as long I put in some volume, I feel I'll be fine for the year.
So, March.. here I come like a lion :)
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment