*I'm in an odd mood, hence the mid-90's video game reference :)
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Finish Him? Not quite yet.
Oh Mortal Kombat.. the days where I could just press a few buttons, and I could finish off an opponent. If only poker worked that way sometimes. It's hard for me to complain at all after the past week I had.. 2 3rd's in 4.40/180s.. 1 2nd in a 2.20/180.. a 4th (I think, I forget) in a 3.25/90.. a 2nd and a 5th in $3 90man ko's.. and a top 30 in a $2 double stack on ftp, but I still feel like I left a ton of money on the table. I'm very happy with my play in all but one of those runs, which is a very good thing. I've been working on my attitude a lot while playing.. worrying about things I could have done in a negative manner... or worrying about beats in big pots, is taking away from my focus on the players and the game at hand, and I feel it's helped a lot. Do I think thinking positively about a single coinflip helps, no..not at all... but the removal of negative though does imo, and it's something I hope to continue. Spring break is here, so it's grind week to try and make up for lost time this month. Most of this week will be spent playing cash games... except Wednesday. The gf has a paper to finish, so she will be pre-occupied, and I have no obligations.. so Wednesday is tourney day. Hopefully I can stay as cool as Sub-Zero.. and finish him! Fatality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment